Are you facing the problem of Roku TV showing a black screen?. Most of the TCL Roku users have reported issues with their TV and remote stick.
One of the few problems users have reported is that the black screen appears after 5-10 mins of streaming on the Roku TV. This may be accompanied by sound by no video when you try to watch something on the TV.
Users may also experience flickering of the screen when using the Roku TV via a stick before being introduced to a completely black screen.
This may cause a lot of disturbance and interruption during your streaming, so we have brought you this article which will guide you through how to fix the Roku TV black screen.
Why is my Roku showing a black screen?
The most common reasons we could find which could give you the Roku TV black screen glitch are listed down below, so read through to know all about it:
- Connectivity problems regarding your internet.
- The streaming stick may not be plugged into the TV correctly.
- Trouble regarding the backlight of your Roku TV.
- Your TV may have suffered some glitch that makes the black screen appear.
Solutions to Fix Roku TV Black Screen
We have listed down six different methods to fix a black screen on Roku, so read below to find out more:
Method #1 Restart TCL Roku TV
If your Roku TV has faced technical issues, then there is a high chance for your TV to end up greeting you with a black screen. The easiest way to fix this is to give a restart to your TCL Roku TV.
To do so, follow the steps listed down below:
- Check whether your TV is turned on or not by controlling the volume of your TV with your remote. If you can hear the sound, then it confirms that your TV is powered on.
- Turn off your Roku TV with the remote and then turn off the switch from the power socket.
- Gently pull out the plug and blow it out of any dust that may have clogged it.
- Wait for 5-10 mins before plugging that TV back in.
- Turn your TV on, and you will see the Roku logo on your screen.
Now you can try to stream any content on your TV or if the Roku TV black screen issue persists. If so, then you can opt for another method mentioned in the article.
Method #2 Power Cycle TCL Roku TV and Remote
Power cycling TCL Roku TV is an alternative method to reset your TV, which many users have reported that has worked well to fix the black screen on their TV. it is easy to power cycle your TV, so follow ahead the steps given below on how to do so:
- Turn your TV off before unplugging it from the power socket.
- Check for the reset button located at the back of your TV.
- Press and hold on to the button for about 30 seconds.
- Plugin your TV and start it back.
Check whether you can still access your Roku TV and stream, or the black screen is still visible.
Another thing you can do is reset your TV using a remote, and to do so, and we have given down the guide, which is easy and effective to follow:
- All you have to do is follow the button combination to reset the TV with your remote-
- Press the home button 5 times.
- Press the up button 1 time.
- Press the rewind button 2 times.
- Press the fast forward button 3 times.
After you have done resetting the TV from your remote, check for the problem persisting or not.
Method #3 Verify Cable Connections
Another problem with your Roku TV displaying a black screen may be faulty or loose connections between the cables.
This is a very common instance and can be easily fixed by checking for any poor endings or loose connectivity that may be preventing your TV from working to its optimal condition.
Now, this method may not work in all situations, but it is surely a good option to fix the Roku TV black screen glitch. All you have to do is check for all the cables connecting to your TV if they are connected well or not.
You can easily unplug the cables and plug them back in or replace the faulty ones with a few cables. If you are using your TV via HDMI, make sure that both the devices are working properly and are well connected.
Method #4 Disable/Enable Tweak Fast Start Option
This may not be the greatest choice of method as it may not work for all users, but it surely has chances to fix the glitch of black screen on Roku TV. a lot of users have reported that tweaking the fast start option has fixed their black screen issue so you can give it a go as well.
All you have to do is follow the button combination given down to tweak the fast start option on your TV:
- Turn your TCL Roku TV on.
- Press the UP button 1 time and press OK.
- Click the UP button again and click OK.
- Click the DOWN button 3 times and press OK.
- Click the DOWN button 2 times and press OK.
- Wait for the reboot to finish and check whether the Roku TV black screen still shows up or not.
Method #5 Update your Roku TV software
Outdated software may also be a good reason why your Roku TV is stuck on a black screen even if your stream is working.
To update your Roku software, follow the steps listed down:
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Navigate to the settings option.
- Click on the System option and select system update.
- If there is any pending software update, download and install it before restarting your TV to check if the Roku TV black screen appears or not.
Method #6 Install Roku streaming stick properly
The last method in the book we have to try and fix the black screen is to check if the streaming stick is working. There could be some issues with the installation, which can be fixed by unplugging and replugging the Roku streaming stick correctly in the HDMI slot.
All you have to do is remove the stick’s card off the HDMI port and reinstall it back again before giving a restart to both your TV and stick. Ensure you have inserted the card properly and that there is no loose connection between the stick and the HDMI port.
Now check if you can stream video with pictures and sound or not.
We hope that this article has helped you fix the Roku black screen issue by providing all the possible methods.
If none of the above-listed methods to fix the Roku tv black screen works, that there is a hardware issue with your TV which we recommend you seek help from the Roku support system to get your TV fixed by a professional otherwise, you may have to replace the piece with a new one.
So now you can easily enjoy your streaming hours on your Roku TV without having to worry about the black screen glitch.
FAQs On Roku TV Black Screen
Why is my Roku showing a black screen?
The reasons for this issue may be related to poor cable connectivity, outdated firmware, streaming stick not connected properly, or perhaps some hardware issue with your Roku TV.
Why is my Roku TV not showing a picture?
Your Roku TV could be facing problems regarding connectivity with your internet or cables, due to which your Roku black screen issues arise.
Why do I have sound and no picture on my Roku TV?
There may be some issues regarding your hardware that controls visuals on your Roku TV, due to which you can hear sound but are unable to see your stream.