Roku in the simplest terms is a streaming device. Through Roku, you as a user are able to view movies, tv shows, over a thousand channels for both the free pack as well as paid services, moreover, it is well within the budget associated with such devices and is pretty simple to use.
Discovery Plus on the other hand is a streaming service that is under Discovery Communications. It is subscription-based and includes both original content and other TV shows. It includes media from Science Channel, Food Network, OWN, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, A&E, Lifetime, Investigation Discovery, History, Magnolia Network, Trvl, DIY Network TLC, and HGTV.
These channels together create a massive amount of approximately more than fifty-five thousand episodes available on-demand, not only that, Discovery Plus is also intending to stream live channels soon. All the features listed above make it a very attractive addition to your channel list. If you want to add the Discovery channel to your Roku device then this is the article for you. In this article, we will discuss the different ways you can add the Discovery Plus channel on Roku.
Before you begin you will need to subscribe to Discovery Plus. There are two subscription plans available, one with advertisements and the other without. The subscription without advertisements costs 4.99 dollars per month, while the one without advertisements comes at a price of 6.99 dollars per month.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Roku?
To get Discovery Plus on your Roku device you will need to follow the steps written below.
- Switch on the Roku device.
- Click on the home button, present on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to the search option that is available on the menu.
- Using the arrow key on the remote and the virtual keyboard search for Discovery Plus. Click on search
- The channel will show up in the suggestions. Navigate to the channel and click on the option titled Add channel.
- This might take some time, so wait until the channel is added to your Roku device.
- Once this process is done, select the option labeled Go to Channel. Clicking this will launch the app
- Using your username and password sign in to the Discovery Plus account.
- Now you have logged in and installed the app on the Roku device and can stream all content that is available on Discovery Plus.
Use Screen Mirror to get Discovery Plus on Roku
If for instance your Roku device is full and has no more storage. Or if you simply do not want to install the app on your phone, you have the option to screen mirror Discovery Plus on your Roku device from your computer or smartphone.
Use Screen Mirror to get Discovery Plus on Roku from your smartphone.
- Switch on your smartphone, go to the Google Playstore on your Android device or Apple Store on your iOS device and search for Discovery Plus.
- When you find the app, download it onto your phone and install it.
- Once you launch the app, use your username and password to login into Disney Plus.
- Swipe the screen to open the notification panel.
- A list of options will appear, choose the option titled Screen Cast.
- A list of compatible ScreenCast Devices will appear, choose the Roku device from this list.
Once the device is connected, you can play content on your Discover Plus app on your phone and view it on the Roku television screen.
Use Screen Mirror to get Discovery Plus on Roku from Computer or Laptop
- Switch on the laptop or computer and open the web browser.
- Type in discoverplus.com on our web browser and visit the page.
- Use your username and password to login into Disney Plus.
- Use the keys on the keyboard and press Windows + P.
- There will be a list of options displayed in the project tab, select the option titled Connect to a wireless display.
- A list of compatible devices will appear, choose the Roku device from this list.
Once the device is connected, you can play content on your Discover Plus app on your laptop or computer and view it on the Roku television screen.
Please keep in mind that the content available depends on the country you are viewing it in.
So those were our suggestions on how to install Discovery Plus on your Roku TV, there are two ways to do this, you can either download the app onto your Roku device directly or use the Screencast feature to stream media from your phone or laptop onto your screen. On your smartphone, you need to download the Discovery Plus App, while on the laptop you just need to visit the website and stream content from there.