When it comes to streaming devices on mobile devices, Spectrum is now taking over the market. It offers content both on Live Tv or as Video on Demand. Similar to the Roku app that can be downloaded and used to stream media, Spectrum now has an application that is designed categorically for mobile devices.
Users who have a subscription, simply have to download the application on their phones and can stream the content that Spectrum offers. However, this application too can sometimes face issues and errors. As is common with most applications these days. The most predominant error that Spectrum users have complained about is the error code RGE -1001.
If you have encountered the error RGE -1001, and are looking for ways to solve it then this article is just for you. In this article, we will be discussing the various causes for the error and ways you can try to combat this problem.
Fix the error code rge-1001
While this error code and the message that is displayed with it may seem like a simple connectivity issue there can be various factors that cause this error. Anything that inhibits the user’s device from connecting to the servers at Spectrum can cause this error. Once you see the error RGE – 1001 displayed, you will not be able to access anything that is available through Spectrum and this can be frustrating and a cause for worry.
1. Check Internet Connectivity
Before we get into other alternatives, the very first thing you need to check is the internet connectivity. As is with most applications that work on the internet a weak network or poor connectivity could be the root of all your trouble. So the first step you need to do is to make sure that the network you are connected to is stable and of adequate speed.
Using a speed test can be used to check the speed of the network, and connecting another Wifi to another device can help you identify whether the network is the issue or the problem is in your device. If you are facing network issues, try the following methods to help boost network connectivity
- Decrease the distance between your device and your network modem or router.
- Connecting multiple devices to the modem or router can decrease the strength of the network. Therefore you need to remove any other device that is connected to the router or modem.
- To increase the signal strength keep the router or modem in a high position.
However, if you have a proper internet connection and are still facing this issue, do not fret. This article will discuss other solutions that are effective and will solve this issue.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Application.
The simplest yet most efficient solution to resolve the error RGE -1001, is to remove the spectrum application completely from your mobile device. Once you uninstall it, reinstall it. The uninstallation and reinstallation brings the application back to its original condition, so anything that went south and caused this error in the first place will not exist anymore.
The application will be reset and all troubles will be resolved. The steps to uninstalling and reinstalling are as follows.
- Switch on your mobile device and navigate to the spectrum app. Once you have located the application, uninstall it. Every model of a mobile device has different steps when it comes to uninstalling applications, and usually, they are very simple. Follow the method that works on your device to uninstall the application.
- The uninstallation might take some time, so wait until the whole process is over.
- Once you are sure that the application is fully uninstalled, go to the app store that is built for your device and reinstall the app. Navigate to your native app store, type in the name of the app in the search bar, and click on install. Follow any instructions that might be displayed on your screen.
- The installation might take a while. Once it is completed log in using your credentials and check to see if you are still getting the error RGE -1001. Your problem should be resolved.
3. Reset your account by contacting Spectrum Support
If the uninstalling and reinstalling of your app did not work for you, the next step you can take is to contact the helpline or support number of Spectrum. As with all services, Spectrum has a customer support department. Once you state your trouble, they will assist you in getting it resolved. This is usually done through these three simple steps.
- Get in touch with Spectrum’s support staff.
- Once you are connected, explain the trouble you are facing to the staff in contact with you.
- Follow this link to connect with the support team.
Please make sure you explain the problem in detail and ensure that everything has been understood by the representative clearly. You also need to tell them the exact error you are facing, which in this case is error RGE – 1001, and describe the problem in its entirety. This can include details of how long the issue has been present, when it started and what steps you have taken to solve it.
In some instances your service contact might want to reset it, allowing them to do so. Resetting your Spectrum account involves eating it in its entirety and building it back from scratch.
Though resetting your account may cause a little bit of inconvenience it is better than having the error RGE – 1001 constantly displayed. Once the account is reset the problem should be resolved and your Spectrum account should work without any trouble.
4. Keep Patience
If none of the solutions that have been described seem to fix the error RGE -1001, it is likely that the problem is not with your account or device rather that the issue lies with Spectrum’s servers itself. If that is the reason there is nothing you can do on your account that will fix the problem.
All you can do is wait until the servers are back up and running again. You can be sure that the team at Spectrum is fixing whatever the trouble is and your account should be back to normal in no time. Since there will be no indication when the server is finally fixed, you need to keep checking your account. It will start working as soon as the problem is fixed.
So those were our suggestions on how to fix the error RGE-1001 on your Spectrum app. The first and foremost thing you need to do is check your network connectivity and speed and fix it if that is the problem. Other alternatives include uninstalling and reinstalling the Spectrum app and contacting customer support at SPectrum and resting your account if necessary. In a few cases, the problem may be due to the Spectrum servers themselves and not your fault If this is the case then all you can do is wait it out so that the problem is fixed.