If you face a problem regarding the connection in your Roku device, solutions ask you to check whether you have the right IP address. If you want to know the IP address of your Roku device but do not know where to look then this is the article where we guide you on how to find Roku ip address is for you.
In this article we will discuss three ways of finding the IP address of your Roku device, using both the remote and alternatives in case you do not have the remote on hand.
Also Read, Roku Not Connecting to WIFi; Easy Fixes
4 Ways to find a Roku IP address
How do you find the IP address of a tv with a remote?
This is probably the easiest solution as you can find the IP address of the Roku device from within the device itself. The Roku device’s IP address is readily available on its menus. To know where to look to find this follow the steps written below.
- Open the Roku Main Menu.
- Use the arrows on the remote to navigate to the option title Settings.
- Look for an option titled Networking.
- On clicking that a menu will appear. Scroll until you find an option titled About.
- On clicking, you will find the IP address of your Roku device along with other relevant network information and properties of your device.
How do you find the IP address of a TV without a remote?
There might be instances where you may not have a direct connection to your Roku device, or even if you do you may not have the remote in hand to follow the previous method. Whatever the case may be there are other ways through which you can find out the IP address of your Roku device without the remote.
Finding the IP Address of Roku Device using a Chrome Extension
In this method, the user can access the IP address of the Roku device using a Chrome extension called Remoku.
Remoku is a remote add-on that permits a user to control the Roku device using a remote on your computer or laptop through an internet connection.
- On your laptop go to the Chrome Webstore, If you have not used the Chrome Web Store before and do not know how to find it, there is usually a link on the bookmarks bar at the top of the screen. If that is also not available simply search for Chrome apps on the Google search bar and the Chrome Web Store should show as the first result.
- Once you have opened the Chrome app store, type in Remoku.
- Click on the blue button labeled Add to Chrome present on the right side of the screen.
- In doing so a Remoku icon will be displayed on the upper right-hand corner of your Chrome window. Click it. A virtual remote will be displayed.
- On the top of the remote, the menu for the app will be displayed. Click on the option titled Settings.
- The Settings menu will be displayed, this comprises all the tools necessary to connect the laptop to your Roku device. Remoku will go through the list of networks connected to your router and show you the IP address of your Roku device.
Finding the IP Address of Roku Device using a Router
If you want a more straightforward approach, however, this process requires you have a router that allows you to view its IP address. Usually one can view the devices that are connected to a router, however, this is not a facility that is available to all. There might be some routers that do not allow you to vire the name of the device or its MA address. You will need one that does.
- Open a web browser of your liking.
- Go to the admin interface of your router. It is usually found along with the Router’s IP address.
- Depending on the router that you use, you might see a list of devices that are connected to the router almost immediately.
- If you do not find such a list, sign in to the router, and go to the status pages. These pages are usually the ones that contain all the information on the connection.
- Depending on the router the devices could be listed by their hostname, which means that the Roku devices in your network will be identified immediately and you can find them listed next to their respective IP addresses.
- If you cannot find the names of your Roku device on the list, do not fret. Just look for MAC addresses in the listing device. This should be fairly simple as the majority of the routers have a separate column for it.
Some routers also have the facility of letting you look up the manufacturer of the device by using the MAC address in the interface itself. To do this, simply click on the MAC address, and all the information you need about that device should appear next to it.
If for some reason you are still unable to find it, there is another alternative. You can find it by logging into sites like whatmyip.org which allows you to find your IP address. Just ensure you have the full and accurate MAC address.
When you look for it, the Roku devices will be listed with Roku as the manufacturer Though this is a long-form way of doing it, it can be your last option if nothing else seems to work as it still allows you to find your Roku device’s IP address.
Those were our suggestions on how to find your Roku IP address with or without your remote. There are three different ways you can go about this one using the remote and the other two in case you do not have the remote with you.
For the first one, simply use your remote to go to the Menu page of your Roku device, Which is where the IP address will be located. If you do not have the remote you can use Remouku a chrome extension or use the router to find the IP address of your Roku device, If none of these methods seem to work for you, you can log on to sites such as whatmyip.org and find your IP address by entering in your MAC address.